Refinements are the start for you and your team of your product development in the Scrum. The start for building those awesome features & products. But are your refinements as effective as could be? Or are you not really refining yet and still have big analysis up front, keeping you stuck in a waterfall like way of working? Or are you still struggling with delivering increments within the short iterations in Scrum?
This workshop is all about getting started with Behavior Driven Development or BDD. This will help us to start delivering value faster and make Scrum work for us. All of this starts with doing powerful & productive refinements. That’s also were this workshop focusses itself on. Going from a product backlog item to ready for sprint and eventually delivered value(right the first time).
So, if you hate rework and want to deliver products faster, come to our workshop!
Duration: 6 Hour Workshop
Agile mindset & Scrum Basics (1 Hour)
- Introduction to Course
- Scrum Basics & Agile Mindset
- Product Backlog & Refinement Basics
Refinements – Who to invite (30 Minutes)
- Exercise Three Amigo’s
- Effective communication curve
- Refinement who to invite & when
Refinement technique: Specification by Example (1,5 hours)
- Practice session to discover Specification by Example
- Exercise information sharing techniques
- Exercise scaling methods
Refinement technique: Example Mapping (1 hour)
- Practice session to discover Example Mapping
- When to use what refinement technique
Refinement technique: Feature Mapping(30 minutes)
- Practice session with Feature mapping
Creating Useable Gherkin(1 hour)
- Going from refinements outcomes to living documentation for Test Automation & Fast Development
- Practice with writing Gherkin code
Best Development Practices(30 minutes)
- Learn what the best practices are to deliver value faster
- Practice with developing your own automation with Gherkin
During this course you will learn about how to get specifications and tests by formulating examples during refinement sessions that appeal to the imagination. You will learn valuable techniques like Specification by Example, Example Mapping & Feature Mapping and how to apply them.
By applying these techniques the outcome of your refinement will lead to: Development of test automation and your feature at the same time. So you can verify the feature immediately, have your regression test automated and your documentation in order at all times. We will show you how to achieve this.
Scrum teams from product owner to developers in the team. Refinements are a whole team effort. So not only testers should join, but everyone who is working in an agile environment can learn a lot from this workshop.
March 2019 – Vilnius (See pictures & more by following the link)